I totally forgot I had this blog. It's been three years and here I am. I decided to start a blog to share my adventures in dating, hence the title, Why I'm Still Single.
Here is some background before I get into stories thus far:
Since my last post, I broke up with what was the love of my life for 5 yrs,but I like to say six because we got to know each other for a year before we started dating. We loved each other but grew apart and well, C'est la vie, right...? We are still fond of another, and think highly of each other which is gerat.;and it's great we also both moved on.
In almost a lightning speed after that relationship I met someone else and we dated for two and a half years. Usually, I would think to not date so soon after, because I am usually a voice of reason and that's just crazy, right? But the opportunity was there and this guy was sweet, took care of me, we got along great, and had lots of fun and adventures. Honestly, even in retrospect, I can't complain for taking a blind leap into that. Love isn't always fueled by reason and that's the beauty and insanity of it all. Sometimes we have to take leaps of faith.
...only, he broke my heart in early April... the day after his b-day. :-/ We broke up because he doesn't know what he wants in life right now. so yeah... I won't get into how he calls, texts and emails almost all the time now, saying he misses me and how he appreciates things I did in retrospect... then inserts naive not well thought out awkward comment afterwards. I really don't need to know some things about how he's moving on but misses and appreciates me :-/ I don't hate him cause he's not a jerk, just naive. He's a sweetheart, just a naive one... um, yeah. anywho, moving on... we're still friends but I am making sure to put some increasing gaps between our friendship to keep things healthy and diplomatic. I'll leave it at that.
It's January now, and I've been single for 9 months. It's time I started putting myself out there. I mean, I like to take care of myself and look good, but it's not like I can flirt with myself... so yeah, I'd like to start dating and y'all are wondering what's the hooopla, right?
I will be 32 on the 18th of this month. I hope to find someone who is my partner in crime and marriage minded, but isn't in a rush for something that we hope will last. I just want to have fun and explore life with them in the mean time. Yah know?
During this dating process, I'd like to date different people and see how it goes. This is bold thing for me to do. I've always dated friend so here I am pretty much on nearly blind dates. I pretty much get along with everyone but it takes time to really get to know me. Time is very valuable to me and i don't just hang out with anyone. I am absolutely comfortable being in solitude having adventures exploring the world on my own, and now with my stud muffin, Graham, my dog.
Hopefully I find someone patient and curious enough to fancy me in this process as well. One of my challenges is that I am too nice and I don't want to break any hearts unnecessarily. I'm not the type to string people along. At the same time it is necessary to take that chance when taking the leap of faith, and that's OK, because, like Stevie wonder said, "now can't reveal the mystery of tomorrow." I don't mind if my heart is broken because I know how to take care of myself, but I want to make sure I choose wisely, while making sure to keep an open heart.
So that's that.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment