Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm fresh, lean and saucy

One avenue I started using for dating was OKCupid, aka okc. It's an online dating site. I know crazy, right? So unlike me, right? Well, the answer is pretty simple as to how I started the profile, (actually two profiles, Shhh...) But I'll tell you how I got into it another time. For now, I'll share this.

There's this guy on the site who I have a mad crush on, but he sucks at messaging and lives in the east bay. We've messaged each other back and forth a bit, but I think he's not as interested due to our distances. I don't know what his deal is but he says he'll message me back I it's been a month. I still have a mad crush on him... even though I haven't met him. but crushes are innocent and fun, and well, it sucks, but I let that ship sail. Only, one day I log on and on my homepage they post recent activity on the site. And I see he posted a note, which is a blog on okc... And, of course, I peeped it.
Below, the first part is his note/blog to the italic part of one of his messages to a chick he conversed with on okc, and my comment to his blog starts after my green profile picture:

he writes:

Lessons in futility #237

Dec. 30, 2010
Don't start off an email that mentions or suggests the notion that you "taste good". You will not get a reply.
If you really must mention CSI (in any of its iterations), always choose Grissom over Horatio, but acknowledge the value of each (because, dude, they're both cool). If you get no reply for mentioning CSI, the person probably does not know how to enjoy anything tongue-in-cheek, so you're probably better off.
Lastly, never end your message with a compliment. Compliments sound cheesy. Women hate that.
Learn from my mistakes, intrepid Cupids!
---------------------------------------------------------
You are totally OK with eating intelligent alien life, if you were starving on another planet. Does that mean--assuming that I taste pretty darn good (why wouldn't i?)--if you were starving on THIS planet, you'd eat ME? ;p

Nice to see another who can appreciate the CSI. It's a cheesy show, but therein lies the fun! I love Grissom the most. But you have to love Horatio's terrible lines, right? So good.

You seem like a very healthy, rounded and warm person. Lovely profile!

An image of -Tuesday- "taste good"? That can be awkward and hilarious at the same time. Maybe it was too soon to mention that? Save it for a third date, perhaps? About the ending, if you reread the compliment within the context of "taste good," it sounds like you're sizing her up for a meal "very healthy, rounded and warm." You know, like, "grade A, cubed and sizzling..." Maybe you both can avoid the awkwardness and hold off til March (refer to number 13 of Swifts classic satire, A Modest Proposal. http://ethnicity.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Texts/modest.html ) In all sincerity though, good luck!
commented on Dec. 30, 2010


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I am reading his post, I am laughing because I thinks it's funny! And I don't know if this chick is square or if he did something else that caused her to ignore him; ah, whatever. I decided that it was funny and that I wanted to wish him well even if he wasn't digging me even if his last message said he's write me when he has a chance to write a real message... which was a month ago! I get the point, my distance is not convenient. For me it is for the right person, but that's just me.

Do you think if I send him a personal message that says, "I'll be riding with some friends in your neck of the woods and my birthday is in a few days, you should join us for beer. btw, I'm fresh, lean and saucy," it might respark his interest? ;-P

On another note, I need decent pictures to post on my profile. I like to wear heels add a dress and walk my dog, seriously, I do. Somehow I became a girly girl and well, I think that would be a great profile pic. But it is cold... which makes it a good thing that I have knee high boots, a dress, and long wool coat. I'll be needing help from friends with pics, please. Can I be picky? I have no idea about angles or best side.

And if you have any ideal and or fun suitors, send them my way!

Oh, I had my first real date in years! I'll tell you how that's going later.

No comments: